A few weeks ago I shared a post about songs that can lull anxiety. And why.
To refresh, this is the top ten list as compiled by a bunch of boffins from the British Academy of Sound Therapy:
- 1. Weightless
- 2. Electra (Airstream)
- 3. Mellomaniac (DJ Shah – Chill Out Mix)
- 4. Watermark (Enya)
- 5. Strawberry Swing (Coldplay)
- 6. Please Don’t Go (Barcelona)
- 7. Pure Shores (All Saints)
- 8. Someone Like You (Adele)
- 9. Canzonetta Sull’aria (Mozart)
- 10. We Can Fly (Café Del Mar).
You lot had a bit to say on the matter and shared your Music for Quietening An Agitated Soul. I like your work:
- Kim – the soundtrack to The Gladiator.
- Leonie – Soundtracks always help me unwind. The Deception one (specifically the main theme, Time) has been a recent favourite. Yoga-style music also works.
- Dre – Music in other languages is helpful, too, because I don’t have to focus on word meaning, just sounds. Andrew Bird, Ani Choying Drolma, Hill Country blues, and old school Brazilian are my go-to’s. I also adore the soundtrack from Amelie.
- Kristine – One of my favourite songs to combat anxiety is An Ending (Ascent) by Brian Eno. Also Codex by Radiohead.
- Jesse – Classical music but especially Mozart calms and relaxes me, it also works for my little girl.
- Karina – Baba Hanuman by Krishna Das is played at night to help my children wind down for sleep…they love it as much as I do!
- Steph – Ludovico Einaudi – beautiful piano (listen to the song Two Trees).
- Jeskimo Pace – Private Road by Bent always puts me in a sweet chilled out mood. Or, To Be Alone With You – Sufjan Stevens.
A stack of new options for us all to trial!