Note: This post has been updated! The offer closes Tuesday 27 December 5pm AEST
In January I’m launching an 8-week I Quit Sugar Program – everyone is welcome to join in. What a stupendous time to get off the white poison, no? And just for added incentive we’re giving away:
200 x packs of Riolife organic acai powder, worth $20 each.
This stuff is seriously great (and, so you know, it’s pronounced ah-sigh-ee). The bonus: RioLife’s pure Organic Acai Berry Powder is sustainably sourced and wild harvested from the Amazon rainforests of Brazil, it’s rich in antioxidants, good essential fatty acids omega 3, 6 and 9 and plenty of fibre.
And three more things of note for sugar detoxers:
1. Acai berries contain pretty much no sugar.
2. They’re one of the most anti-oxidising things going around….great for dealing with the toxins as they release over the next few weeks.
3. sprinkled on a range of different “treats” they make for a great dessert (see below) and are a KEY ingredient in my sugar-free pantry.
RioLife add absolutely nothing to their powder, they’re certified organic and the Australian boys behind the brand donate part of the sales to ACAIMU, a project of the Amazon Friendly Program to help build and fund schools in the areas where their Acai berries are sourced.
To try out the berries:
* Simply buy a copy of The I Quit Sugar ebook, $15, here. The first 200 buyers will receive a 50g pack of RioLife’s pure Organic Acai Berry Powder (although, sadly, this giveaway is only available to Australian buyers).
* Since a few of you have inquired: we will email all giveaway winners and get postal addresses. Look out for Andrew’s note soon.
* Riolife founder Andrew will send your pack out in the New Year, in time for your reboot!
Acai Almond Nectar
- 1 – 2 cups raw almonds soaked overnight & rinsed
- 1 – 2 tsp vanilla (scraped from the pod or natural – to taste)
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 – 2 tablespoon RioLife Acai powder
Place rinsed almonds & all other ingredients except acai in a blender. Cover with about 3 cups of water. Blend several times to pulverize all ingredients, blending all the flavors. Pour through a strainer (better yet a clean cotton cloth or nut milk bag) and squeeze out the milk over a bowl. The squeezing method is far more effective on getting all the liquid out. Mix in RioLife Acai powder. Serve!! Save the pulp for the base of a sweet recipe, like pie crust, cake or fudge.