With a new round of the 8-Week Program kicking off next week, I thought I’d address the common questions I receive in the lead up to each Program. In a post earlier this year, I covered what I keep in mind when developing the Meal Plans. Below, a rundown on why nutritionist and registered dietitian Marieke Rodenstein says the new 8-Week Program Meal Plans are the most nutrient dense yet.
You’ll probably be eating more veggies than you ever have before. The IQS Meal Plans incorporate 6-7 serves of veggies a day. The Australian Nutritional Guidelines advise 5-6, but on average Australian’s only eat half the recommended intake. In the US, the guidelines are 2-3 cups of veggies a day and in the UK, 5 serves a day.
We use the right amount of carbs, fat, and protein. There’s no skimping. We focus on generous serves that are full of flavour with a balance of fat, carbs and protein to keep you feeling full.
You’re likely to lose weight on the Program. (In fact, almost 60 per cent of participants from our previous round lost weight.) However, we understand this is not ideal for everyone, so there are plenty of healthy snack options for quitting the white stuff while maintaining your current weight.
The Program is all about abundance. It’s not about restriction. The goal is to take eating back to the way we ate before we got hooked on sugars and calorie counting.
The Meal Plans have been evaluated by a nutritionist and registered dietitian. Marieke Rodenstein evaluated the Meal Plans for the upcoming Program according to the Australian Government Reference Values and found they were seriously nutrient dense. She shares specific details below.
It’s not a fad diet. It’s about quitting the crap, focusing on real food, home cooking and eating mindfully. In this Program, you form habits that stick around for life.
Interested in the nutrition specifics?
According to Marieke, our Meal Plans provide:
- 200% the estimated average requirement (EAR) for Riboflavin (B2). Needed for energy levels and to reduce cardiovascular risk
- 200% the EAR for Niacin (B3). Needed to reduce free radical damage and energy
- 300% the EAR for Pyridoxine (B6). Needed for a healthy brain and nervous system
- 200% the EAR for Folate (B9). Needed for a healthy reproductive system and to support heart health
- 200% the EAR for Vitamin B12. Needed for cardiovascular and energy support.
- 200% the EAR for zinc. Needed for the immune system, skin, and fertility
- 150% the EAR for selenium. Needed to support the thyroid and it’s also a potent antioxidant.
- 150% the EAR of magnesium. Needed to regulate blood sugar levels, support the nervous system and for bone health.
- 1000% the EAR for vitamin C. Needed for free radical fighting and to support the immune system.
- 200% the minimum daily target for Vitamin E. Needed in the body as a powerful and protective antioxidant.
Still got questions? Let me know in the comments below.
Ready to make the change? There’s only four days left to sign up to the next 8-Week Program! Registrations close June 2, so hop on the website and get on board.