Addicted to the thrill of fermenting projects filling up your kitchen? Today, I present you with everything you need to know about home fermentation. How-to guides, tips and tricks and fermenting recipes a-plenty.
1. To start you off. I’ve covered off the pros and cons on which fermenting starter is better, salt or whey?
3. How to ferment your vegetables. I’ve been playing around with ferments for a while now, making sauerkraut, pickled daikon, and the most lush beetroot relish. I eat a tablespoon or two with as many meals as I can and I’ve noticed a tangible benefit with my digestion. Here, my handy guide on how to ferment vegetables.
4. How to ferment your turmeric. A study in the International Journal of Food Science and Technology found the bioavailability of curcumin increased when it was fermented. So, a few ridiculously simple ways to ferment your turmeric.
5. Here’s a recipe for fermented daikon. This fermented daikon recipe is an easy one to kick off with if you’re wanting to give fermenting a try. It has a bunch of bonuses: it uses an unsexy (and cheap) vegetable, it’s super simple to make (it doesn’t require too much pounding; other veggies can require a lot!), is pretty foolproof and is super tangy.
6. Need help? Here’s a little list of great witchy ideas we can all enjoy. Check out these handy fermenting tips and tricks if you’re stuck or need some mouldy inspiration!
What’s your favourite fermentation project? Please share any wisdom you have gained in the comments below!